Click to See All Bob's 2010 LSU Tiger Football Postings:

August 24, 2010

The LSU vs. North Carolina Game Begins Tonight

I have watched Les Miles post-scrimmage interview at least 4 times tonight.  Each time I watched the interview it was clear that Miles had carefully told us nothing.  Read all of the articles about the Tuesday, August 24 scrimmage that you can get your hands on and you will learn nothing new.  


At first, this lack of real information disappointed me.  I watched Miles face and wished that I had taken those classes on how to read facial expressions like the guy on that television series "Lie to Me."  I think Miles' was closely guarding something.  That can only mean one thing: Game On!  I think LSU is preparing a surprise for North Carolina, LSU fans, and the entire nation September 4th.  With the talented athletes and coaches that have been assembled at LSU, the Kickoff Classic could be a veritable three ringed circus.  It is either that or Miles is trying to figure out how to prevent his team from looking like a bunch of clowns in the season opener.


It is still preseason.  I am a big LSU fan.  I am going to go with my first thought and start dreaming of the cool things that LSU will unleash September 4th. 


From tonight's post-scrimmage interview only one thing is clear:  Les Miles' refusal to let out any real information means that the LSU vs. North Carolina game began tonight.  LSU fans, please move your seats to the upright position, fasten your seat belts and get ready for one heck of a ride!


Now for a little lagniappe:
By the time this season is over I predict that you see Kenny Chesney's "The Boys of Fall" music video a whole bunch.  It is a great video for football fans everywhere.  Watch the video closely and identify as many players and coaches as you possibly can.  I am sure that there will be some sort of a trivia game based on this video.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob, you are right I have read everything and they all said the same thing which was pretty much nothing.

Great Video!!!

Anonymous said...

Its fun for about a month to wrangle about the state of the program based on the reports and non-sense that gets written by everyone that knows all the inside scoop. Besides, not much else to do in August except maybe water-ski anyway. But a month is about enough. Saturday the curtain comes up and it really wont matter whats been said.

But yeah, it would be fun to really have a coach tell the truth about what was happening. Maybe not smart, but definitely fun. Oh well, this way we get to second guess ! Thats pretty good too !

Anonymous said...

Does LSU have the best fans?
What would you tell these tigers this year, who are about to go out and face the music...If you would tell them what I have been reading,then team work would not be the theme..Thank goodness, I know the people siting around me are the kind of LSU fans I like..As for the other kind,well, you fill in the blanks.

LSU Tigers Central

LSUsports.net Headline News